• Jeff Banister (Bench Coach) – Served as Pirates Bench Coach in 2010 from August 8 thru the end of the season… The 2011 season will mark his 26th with the organization…Spent last eight seasons as the Minor League Field Coordinator…Was also a member of the Major League coaching staff (1999-2001) and a minor league manager for five seasons.
• Nick Leyva (Third Base Coach) – Will also serve as the Infield Coach…Was Toronto's Bench Coach in 2010 after spending previous two seasons as the Blue Jays Third Base Coach…Has over 30 years of coaching experience at the minor and major league levels…Was Manager of the Phillies in 1990-91 and for 13 games in 1992…Has been a Third Base Coach at the big league level with St. Louis (1986-88), Toronto (1994-97, 2008-09) and Milwaukee (2007)…Was also the First Base Coach with St. Louis in 1984-85.
• Gregg Ritchie (Hitting Coach) – Spent the last five years as Pittsburgh's Minor League Hitting Coordinator after working 10 seasons as a hitting coach in the Chicago White Sox minor league system.
• Euclides Rojas (Bullpen Coach) – Has been Pittsburgh's Latin American Field Coordinator since 2005…Also spent 2002 season in same capacity…Was Boston's Bullpen Coach for two seasons (2003-2004)…Spent five seasons as a coach in the Florida Marlins minor league system before joining Pirates in January of 2002.
• Ray Searage (Pitching Coach) – Joined the Major League coaching staff prior to the 2010 season and was named Pitching Coach on August 8…The 2011 season will mark his 34th in professional baseball and his ninth with the Pittsburgh organization…Has been a pitching coach at every level in the Pirates system since 2003.
• Luis Silverio (First Base Coach) – Will also serve as the Outfield & Baserunning Coach…Spent the last 35 years working in the Kansas City Royals organization, most recently as their minor league outfield coordinator in 2010…Split time as the First Base and Third Base Coach on the Major League staff for six seasons (2003-08).
• Mark Strittmatter (Major League Coach) – Will serve the big league coaching staff as the pitcher's hitting coach and will also assist the catchers and the hitting program…Spent the last eight years as the Bullpen catcher for the Colorado Rockies.
"We are pleased to have assembled the coaching staff, as I am confident in the skill sets these men bring to our team as well as the quality of individuals professionally and personally," said Hurdle. "Their character, integrity and respect for the tradition of the Pirates combined with their intensity and passion for teaching will have an immediate impact on our ballclub. They will also challenge and sharpen me to become the best manager I can be for our organization and team."